Friday, 1 May 2026

Antisemitism in Britain

 Britain has a serious antisemitism situation going on.  If you have a Jewish neighbour who has recently sent his family away to Israel it will be for safety reasons.   This is happening.    It is unsafe to be Jewish in Britain now.    Jews are vulnerable on the streets and in the synagogue.  It is an undeniable fact. 

If you are a person living in Britain and you are in any denial about this then you have your head in the sand.  

Even if the man responsble for this week's stabbings of Jews in Golders Green is of mental instability it does not mean that the attack can be shrugged off as therefore not significant to Jews in Britain. 

I believe the British Government has now declared that this is a state of emergency.   Security is to be increased.   It is a start.

12 comments:

  1. The government need to tackle the 'unspeakable' root of all this hate and not just put a sticking plaster over it or it will just continue to get worse. All you hear from Labour is about the far right yet it is the far left who are the problem. I wish I could leave London but my family are all here. My nan was a cockney born in Bethnal Green. She lived among Jewish people and even picked up some of the language. If she was alive today she would not recognise the demographic of the people who now live there. People used to live in harmony and live and let live but sadly, no more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The left will always make excuses about everything up to and including murder. We live in Blair's Britain as I keep banging on about and Britain today can cancel out anytbody who challenges something. The cancel culture is that you just get rid of anybody who challenges or audits and you shut them up. Eventually you reach this point where antisemitism and anti Jewish chants get freedom that they should never be allowed to have but it has become out of the question to challenge them. Until now maybe as Starmer may have woken up.

      Delete
    2. The chanting has go on and on every weekend in London with hardly an eyelid batted by the authorities. If you oppose the chants you are labelled racist or fascist. It is ridiculous! I hope after all these years the tide is turning Rachel. Starmer may have woken up too late. I perish the thought of more years of Starmer, Khan and the dreadful local Labour council where I live. They will get in again. I am a minority in the borough where I live and my voting changes nothing.

      Delete
    3. I hope that people in Britain will wake up to the things I have said Simone, and the things we have said together here. Rachel Thank you. xx

      Delete
  2. There is a saying in Hebrew, "Silence roars." I don't know if it exists in other languages. Silence roars, Rachel, and once again you are the only one who chose to address this sad and painful issue. Few do it. Too few.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are many who prefer to refuse to accept that this is happening. They will tell me that it is nothing and I am exaggerating the problem. There are others who do not want to talk about it even though they know what is going on.

      Delete
  3. I so notknow what to say here. I have never had this problem. If confronted with it, I do not think that I could stay quiet. I was brought up to respect the Jews (and every one else) I was imbued with the idea, that I could trust Jews and often they were in our house and we would visit some. I have had conversations with a number of people about the massacre on what I have learned about the situation and mostly people have been appreciative to know more of the facts.
    We have mixed freely and have had many friends of many nations over the years, so do not understand all this hatred and have seldom been confronted with it.
    so I do not feel qualified to offer an opinion.
    I am glad that, hopefully, the subject is now going to be confronted.
    I know I have put myself in danger a few times, by never having learnt to 'keep my mouth shut'.
    I am of course aware that living here, I am subject to anti english predjudice and that situations can become 'unpleasant', but it is a minor problem here for most people.
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The way things are going England will soon not be a safe place for Jews. For young people influenced by Tik Tok, AI, X, phone screens, Green Party speakers, all they will see is anti-Jewish and it whips up and spreads. Thanks Kathy. I can't say more. xx

      Delete
    2. It seems that we do not have s large Jewish popoulation in Wales and it is mainly on the eastern fringes Cardiff /Newport and the north East. there is a reported increase of around 30% of anti semetic problems, since the Israeli ' activity'. It is mainly on line.
      Slight indication this morning, I think, that the media may have a new banner to march behind
      Kathy xx

      Delete
    3. It is a start. I noted that the BBC Panorama on Antisemitism a couple of weeks ago is said to have not mentioned the Islam connection in relation to any of the reports they gave on arrests made at that time. And again they do not tell the truth about what is actually happening. I have already mentioned in an earlier post some days back that the Green Party are canvassing in Norwich that October 7 was a hoax. There are many many problems all at once and add Tik Tok short videos and phones and so-called experts and AI being skewed results in a growing problem.

      Delete
  4. Spouse and I lived in Mill Hill in the 1970s, had a baby in St Mary's Praed St and joined Mill Hill United Synagogue each week. The community could not have been more welcoming to us.
    What happened?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The rise of Islamic antisemitism on the streets which has been allowed to happen by the British Government.

      Delete