Isn't this just the wonderful sort of thing you wanted when you voted in every way to not get a Tory government, you would punish them, but little did you think about how you would be punishing yourself and everybody else.
Barnham is a village of 600 people or less. The new asylum camp will be in existence for 10 years we are told today. It will be guarded round the clock. The camp will house all males we are told.
The inhabitants of Barnham and Thetford which is the nearby town with supermarkets and amenities but no pathways because this is rural Norfolk/Suffolk will be demonstrating outside the camp again tonight. The Barnham camp was an RAF base in wartime and beyond.
My neighbour Sue's son lives in the village where he went for peace and quiet. I wonder what he thinks about the camp of men in flip flops and jihadist attire. I haven't seen her to hear the news. The village was nice she said.
The camp was used by Norfolk and Suffolk constabulary for training in the trees and lawns and old buildings with pretend aggravated situations acted out. They rented it on an annual basis until June when they approached the Ministry to make an offer to buy it. They were immediately told it was no longer available at all and they, the government, would have it themselves.
Perhaps until that point they didn't remember it existed. So now the police can have real live practice of dealing with unrest, unhappy people, and jihadist garment clad young men, where mobile phones are to be banned (dream on) and no alcohol. No bar maids to be murdered there then, well that's a relief. No doubt you will see Barnham on the news, possibly referred to as Theford up the road cos it's bigger than a little quiet rural parish in Suffolk.
How will medical facilities be provided in a part of rural England where doctors and dentists are in short supply and cannot serve the people as it is?
Plans to stop migrants Andy? No, I thought not, you have no plans to stop them whatsoever.
I bow to thee my country?
Relating to a previous placement, many years ago I trained with school cadet corps at Crowborough in Sussex, and from my recollections that camp was totally unsuitable for housing any parts of the invading army of illegal aliens.
ReplyDeleteAnd I read that Our Andy wants .ore of these illegals in 'middle class" neighborhoods - just how likely will there be any next door to any of his ministers???
The thought of 1250 male migrants off the boats coming into the extremely rural area is mind boggling. 1250 men together day and night with little or nothing to do boiling over with boredom. The site has been given an artists impression of how it could look. It looks nothing like it at present. 100s of people here do not have dentist nor can they get doctors appointments. The site will have to have a quick change to house this many men as it was previously more of a store than a camp for men . The local MP is Labour and he is petitioning the government on the grounds that it is totally unsuitable to become an asylum camp. I fear that in spite of much organised opposition to it the government have already made up their mind and will not budge.
DeleteI've been quiet for a bit Rachel. I don't know how to respond to things anymore. I haven't had a holiday for about two decades I think (lost count of the days) I am due to have a few days in Ireland soon. I need to get away from the madness. I have never been there but was looking forward to going somewhere new to me. Just read today about the gang rape of a woman in a Galway car park and the fact there is an asylum hotel very near by housing just men. I am staying in Galway.
ReplyDeleteI see they appeared with an interpreter which speaks for itself. In our local paper I cut out a letter published in response to somebody who was in denial about all trouble in Britain. The quote from the letter was "does M think that these court cases reported are imaginary?" We see too much denial about everything that is going on in Britain. I don't know why. I am sorry that in going to Galway you are going to another area of asylum seekers. Since seeing the Scissor Sisters of the murder in Dublin of the lying asylum seeker who came from Kenya, not a war torn country, raped their mother and continued violence and disrespect of their mother until her daughters murdered him I have seen that nowhere is safe. All his paperwork was thrown in the sea, he lied throughtout his asylum application and eventually got to Dublin. He said he came from Somalia. He actually came from Kenya. People who think boat people are so innocent and under threat please note this. Whilst his death at the hands of the girls is not excused they were pushed over the edge by the violence his mother suffered in his hands. I hope you have a good break and that you are looked after and you don't wander round late at night.
DeleteNot going for quite a while yet. I am in Dublin a few days before! It just gets better doesn't it? I will be with husband and grown son so I should be fine. x
DeleteHave a lovely time when you go. xx
Delete